Website NJ Eye
The Vice President of Training and Development (VPTD) is responsible for the design, preparation and delivery of medical practice operations staff training and development programs. The VPTD designs and delivers training materials and modules that ensure management and staff are equipped to deliver standards and drive operational excellence, patient satisfaction, workplace safety and team development. The VPTD reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations. Training programs will be implemented across multiple business divisions and VPTD will lead and manage this to ensure quality, consistency and timely delivery.
This position requires an individual with a creative mind for anticipating business needs, and strong aptitude for leveraging business relationships and exhibits professionalism in interaction with all levels of management, clients, providers, employees and vendors. The VPTD demonstrates high moral values, ethical behavior and leads by example for the team to follow and consistently maintains a courteous and positive attitude and exudes the principals and values of the company in their management style.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization, currently affiliated with Associated Retina Consultants LLC (d/b/a “NJ Retina”), with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conducts training and development needs assessment and proposes training and development programs and objectives.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates full cycle training for employee development and training events.
- Designs and implements the training curriculum; creates learning content and applies innovative instructional methods/resources
- Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Provides regular communication to the leadership team regarding program deliverables, training outcomes and metrics
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Identifies and addresses opportunities for improvement in training process, tools and methods
- Manages vendor relationships, where applicable
- Supports, mentors’ new employees and is responsible for creating and implementing the company wide on-boarding process for all clinical operations positions by designing effective training programs for each.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, individual training sessions and prepares educational material such as module summaries, videos etc.
- Provides oversight of financials; creates and adheres to departmental budget
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures. Identifies areas of improvement and recommends changes to management team for implementation.
- Keeps abreast of advances in training methods and technologies and applies this knowledge to enhance current practices
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, training, communication or equivalent academic credentials and certifications focused on corporate training (for example CPLP). Master’s and/or MBA preferred.
Experience: 10+ years progressive experience in a training and development role/ as a corporate trainer, overseeing company-wide training. Experience in healthcare a plus.
- Demonstrated effective teaching methodologies and tools with a willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in corporate teaching/training.
- Phenomenal communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Organizational time management abilities with critical thinking and decision-making experience
- Expert Proficient in MS Office, Outlook (esp. Excel and PowerPoint); e-learning and training software.
- Knowledge of medical software applications, insurance regulatory issues, billing and coding practices a plus
- Understanding of HIPAA, ADA, OSHA and other regulations; facility in supporting compliance and safety standards
- Ability to translate theory and strategy into actionable plans
- Demonstrated excellence in organization, planning and project management
- Focus and motivation in understanding and supporting practice goals, services, culture and strategy
- Efficiency and creativity in leveraging traditional/alternative training methods; ability to make recommendations towards achieving successful integration of acquired practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- 20-30% travel within the tristate area required
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org