Website NJ Eye
A large, growing and hyper-acquisitive multi-practice specialty Medical Service Provider, HQ in New Jersey, is looking for VP of Revenue Cycle Management, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The VP is responsible for the strategic direction, financial performance, operational deployment and evaluation of all enterprise wide revenue cycle activities, including billing, cash posting, follow-up, collections, payer analysis, credit balance resolution, compliance, report generation and quality control. This leader will be charged with implementing systems, policies and procedures that result in high quality customer service, strong financial results and exceptional support to business growth.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates closely with clinical leadership and support the revenue cycle processes to support the clinical service goals of the organization. Those goals include: + Charge capture for services performed, + Charge Description Master supervision in conjunction with Reimbursement, + Work with finance function regarding revenue recognition, + Cash collection, + Minimizing bad debts and denials. + Coding compliance for technical, professional and ambulatory services, + Registration and scheduling, + Customer satisfaction, +Coordination with clinical sites to optimize front end operations that affect billing performance, +KPI an report generation for upper management
- Hiring new talent and managing staff effectively
- Responsible for supervision of all revenue cycle personnel. Communicates expectations for revenue cycle performance; sets monthly, quarterly and annual goals that allow consistent cost-effective measures
- Manages contractual relationships with insurances; works closely with Finance to maintain an effective vendor contracting strategy
- Drives on-going corporate compliance vigilance and monitoring
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to all areas of the revenue cycle
- Leads integration of revenue cycle systems and infrastructure with current and future practices
- Builds effective relationships and collaborates with other operational leaders to ensure that revenue cycle expectations are being met; keeps the executive leadership well informed
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and monitors their impact on business performance and competitive advantage as related to revenue cycle
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Management required.
Experience: 10+ years progressive senior level Revenue Cycle Management role, in a medical insurance/ healthcare billing environment. RCM experience in a large physician practice – multi location experience highly preferred. Experience with Athena practice management system a plus but not required.
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections, revenue cycle, and Medicare, working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, claim forms, HIPAA policies, billing and insurance regulations, claims coding, medical terminology, and the appeals process
- Experience in designing/developing/directing RCM within a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Superior knowledge of EMR systems and Practice Management Systems
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships at all levels within the organization as well as externally with vendors, current partners and potential partners
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative approaches to solving challenging problems
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of team members
- Expert in analyzing and auditing reports; superior Microsoft Excel skills
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org