The Registered Nurse is responsible for a variety of functions in our fast-paced medical practice. This includes direct physician support, general medical office duties, IV therapy, transcription and other projects as assigned by the physician.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Greets and interacts with patients, staff and physicians
- Assists in scheduling surgeries
- Performs IV therapy for patients, as needed
- Provides emergency medical care with physician, based on BLS and ACLS guidelines
- Maintains and monitors all pending issues with physician(s), including phone calls, missing dictations, reviews, etc.
- Maintains all drug logs; ensures correct balances at beginning and end of session
- Manages proper set up for all procedures, including equipment maintenance (lens, speculum, etc.)
Education: NJ State RN license required
Experience: 1-3-years’ experience required. Ophthalmic specialty experience preferred
- Solid computer skills – requirement of MS applications – MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com