Website NJ Eye
The Training & Standards Specialist enhances the operational flow of the assigned practices and performs a variety of duties to support the billing department. The Training & Standards Specialist upholds the values and customer service standards of NJRetina.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conducts training programs for front desk office staff in all front-end responsibilities, including but not limited to registration and front-end billing on athenaCollector.
- Works with management to schedule training programs for all front desk office staff.
- Works to keep training programs vibrant and entertaining to engage employees and trainees.
- Travels as needed to provide training sessions for employees at care centers.
- Interact with staff, patients, payers, Billing systems and agencies to answer questions, obtain information and resolve issues.
- Review claim denials and make correction to diagnosis, modifiers, or procedure or appeal with medical notes that includes all drugs through Athena.
- Assist care centers with patient/insurance bucket issues.
- Answer telephone calls for business office to assist patients with their bills, insurance or refunds.
- Work offsets, overpayment and refunds-Work the workflow dashboard on daily basis.
- Attend and participate in NJ Retina / or payer meetings/seminars as needed.
- Maintain open, positive cordial, team-oriented lines of communications with managers and staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Billing knowledge.
- Front desk experience highly preferred/ An understanding of the workflows of Front Desk.
- Experience with a variety of EMR systems.
- Experience with Athena Collector preferred.
- Experience with Medicare, insurances, claims, appeals.
- Ability to work collaboratively on projects.
- Willing to travel 25%.
- Exude a high level of professionalism and positive attitude.
- 1-3 years medical billing experience.
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com