Website NJ Eye
The Training & Standards Specialist reports to the Manager, Training & Standards, and enhances the operational flow of new and existing practices. The Training & Standards Specialist is a key participant in the integration and endorsement of company-wide values, processes, and customer service standards.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Works with the management team to identify training needs and establish training initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, staff performance, and quality of patient care
- Develops online and live training curricula for new hires at the Central Business Office (CBO) and newly onboarded practices
- Collaborates with management to coordinate/schedule training programs at multiple locations; travels to provide training sessions as needed
- Conducts training programs for office staff in all front-end responsibilities and workflows, including but not limited to registration and front-end billing on athenaCollector
- Continuously updates training programs; keeps curricula fresh and engaging
- Interacts with staff, patients and systems vendors to answer questions, obtain information and resolve issues
- Provides telephone assistance related to systems use or practice workflows
- Assesses training program outcomes and effectiveness on an ongoing basis; recommends changes based on lessons learned
- Keeps abreast of industry best practices, new tools and methods; participates in continued personal growth and education
- Contributes to creating an environment of collaboration, teamwork and inclusion
- Participates in other projects as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Education, Communications, Instructional Design, Social Sciences, or related field preferred.
Experience: 3+ years’ progressive experience in a training role; Medical practice experience preferred.
- Facility in supporting compliance with organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines, practices and procedures
- Solid computer skills – requirement of MS applications – MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a small or large audience
- Superior organizational and time-management skills; ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities
- Knowledge of medical billing, EMR systems, PMS (athenaCollector) highly preferred
- Understanding of medical front desk workflows highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit a superior level of professionalism and exercise good judgment at all times
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com