JOB TITLE: Ophthalmic Photographer-Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Inform the Office Manager and Coordinator of Photography services should there be any issues with the operation of equipment.
- Accept guidance and suggestions from Coordinator of Photography services and follow procedures in order for practice to have standardized protocols.
Photographers are required to perform photographic angiograms and tomograms to diagnosis various retinal diseases. The photographer should be familiar with the specific protocol requirements associated with each retinal problem, have a good understanding of imaging hardware and software, and be able to deal effectively with technical support to correct imaging hardware/software problems. Some photographers also work in support of the Study Department. Photographers are also required to call patients with their test results. The following are specific photography tests and requirements.
- Fluorescein Angiography (FA)
- Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICG)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Technical support
- Patient callbacks
- Obtain certifications for “Study Department” photography
- Greet patients in a cordial, friendly and prompt manner, accompany patient to photo room.
- Verify patient information and make necessary documentation in patient’s chart
- Make sure ABNs and consents are signed
- Travel to offices as needed
- Follow pertinent practice policies and requirements
- Work as team player with all departments and offices
- Maintain confidentiality of protected health information
- Effectively deal with the typical job stress in a professional, calm manner
- Maintain a professional, neat appearance (as stated in the Employee Hand-Book)
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities
REQUIREMENTS: Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize responsibilities. Adherence to all policies and procedures, including safety, attendance, punctuality, personal and office appearance.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications
- Knowledge of medical terminology
EDUCATION: High school graduate or GED required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships
- Skill in both oral and written communications
- Skill in using and respecting office equipment
- Satisfactorily handle paperwork/filing adequately.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hand dexterity for telephone, computer, camera, and other office equipment.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Use medical office equipment. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
**This is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills and working conditions may change as needed**.
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org