Website NJ Eye
The Office Manager reports to the Director Operations and is responsible for the performance of Front Desk, Clerical, Technicians, Scribes, and Photographers. The Office Manager leverages administrative and clinical knowledge to coordinate efficient practice management.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversees day to day practice operations; administers policies and procedures
- Oversees office financials and promotes the most efficient use of office resources/budget; dispenses/reconciles petty cash
- Oversees staff scheduling, time and attendance; e.g. vacations, sick/personal time, etc.
- Regularly assesses staffing requirements; interviews, hires and trains new employees as necessary
- Ensures staff are familiar with job requirements, expectations, and safe and proper use of facilities and equipment
- Conducts annual employee performance reviews; provides ongoing coaching and mentorship
- Conducts regular departmental and office staff meetings
- Promotes professionalism and superior customer service by all levels of staff; develops process improvements on a regular basis
- Manages accurate filing and organization of patient accounts/demographics
- Ensures compliance with federal/state/local regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, etc.)
- Regularly interfaces with staff, physicians, patients, and other stakeholders
- Keeps abreast of industry best practices and pursues continued personal education
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: BA/BS degree preferred
Experience: 3+ years’ experience in a management role; medical office management experience required.
- Facility in supporting compliance with organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA guidelines, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, and reimbursement policies
- Solid computer skills – requirement of MS applications – MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate clear expectations
- Superior organizational and time-management skills; ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures
- Skill in operating a variety of office equipment and computer programs
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of staff members
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an environment of collaboration, inclusion and diversity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com