NJ Retina is currently seeking an experienced Healthcare Integration/Implementation Specialist.
The position will facilitate the integration of disparate Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems with a common Practice Management System (PMS). Working closely with our vendor and in support of our practices, the position supports application integration component of the new practice on-boarding process. The incumbent serves as a facilitator, systems analyst, liaison and coach utilizing their expertise to assure success and stability in their project results. The role is responsible for high-level data validation and owning internal and external communications when data quality expectations aren’t fully met. Success of the role is determined by how well you collaborate with numerous teams, internal and external.
- Project Management: Plan and manage interface projects in support of primary PMS implementation
- Drive Interface Requirements Definition and Inbound/Outbound message mapping specifications
- Provide Coordination, Guidance and Support for User Acceptance Testing (planning, organizing, execution and support)
- Coordinate the setup of secure data transfer mechanism between EMRs and PMS
- Facilitate Practice Management data migration (patients demographics, appointments, etc.) through data gathering, scrubbing, mapping and validation
- Ensure site technical readiness through assessment, remediation planning and testing
- Document Interface workflow and technical details
- Support deployed interfaces
- Provide onsite practice support as needed
- Some local travel required
- Responsible for special projects and other assignments as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Health Informatics and/or similar field.
- 2-4 years of experience and knowledge in implementing and/or integrating healthcare software applications is required.
- Implementing and/or integrating healthcare software applications
- Hands on experience with HL7 v2
- Implementing transaction types: ADT, DFT, SIU
- Installing/configuring message/file transfer protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, SSL
- Performing data transformation and mapping
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Demonstrated judgment, organizational, planning, and control skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ambulatory EHR, Practice Management Systems experience
- athenaCollector experience
- Working knowledge of HIPAA rules and requirements
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org