Website NJ Eye
The Director of Facilities Management reports to the Chief Operating Officer and provides leadership and administration for the all facilities across the organization, including the HQ in Union, NJ. The Director of Facilities Management oversees planning, organizing and directing daily operations, maintenance, construction, space utilization, and safety of company facilities.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Senior Management and other stakeholders in meeting facility management goals
- Adheres to operating/capital budgets for each facility
- Monitors and manages third party consultants, maintenance vendors and building service contracts to ensure proper vendor performance
- Collaborates with engineers and architects in planning for refurbishment of existing facilities or development new construction projects
- Negotiates service contracts; investigates and determines economic aspects of new equipment and facility needs
- Addresses current facilities needs and assesses future needs/requirements; develops long-term facilities planning
- Regularly assesses staffing and performance of the facilities team; interviews, hires and trains new employees as necessary
- Evaluates existing facilities management processes and procedures; develops process improvements on a regular basis
- Ensures compliance with federal/state/local regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, etc.)
- Evaluates goals and priorities for the Company along with any opportunities to improve the safety of the staff, patients, physicians and visitors from an environment of care, safety and emergency management perspective
- Keeps abreast of industry best practices/methods, as well as, up-to-date regulatory requirements
- Provides assistance with ad-hoc, special projects, as needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, CHFM (Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager) preferred.
Experience: 7-10 years’ experience in a facilities management role; experience in healthcare facilities preferred
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, standards and compliance with policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the building, the environment and workplace safety
- Knowledge of construction and building maintenance skills and systems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate clear expectations
- Superior organizational, time-management and project management skills; ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures
- Solid computer skills – requirement of MS applications – MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of staff members
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an environment of collaboration, inclusion and diversity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Travel to site locations required
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org