A large NJ HQ based multi-practice specialty Medical Service Provider, has pipeline of in-market acquisition opportunities for transformation to full service specialty provider in the current market and surrounding 4-state region. General upgrade of financial reporting platform along with requirements for sophisticated financial reporting requires overhaul of current applications and systems architecture, and addition of new software functionality.
The Director of Accounting & Finance is a member of senior management team reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is responsible for providing leadership and a hands-on role in monthly closing process, divisional financial reporting, oversight of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The incumbent will be charged with evaluating financial performance and establishing strategies to manage complexity and increase business agility.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term financial practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Manage accounting for multiple transactions with an eye for long-term profit improvement.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Monitor progress, prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts and keep Executive management abreast of any changes.
- Manage local and state regulatory reporting requirements for tax matters.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations.
- Support the President, CFO and Directors of Operations in supporting growth objectives.
- Implement and maintain financial controls and authorizations.
- Evaluate people, processes and systems and continually strive to escalate to best practices
- Analyze job cost details to provide effective cost savings recommendations.
- Provide daily and monthly forecasting information, provide data for appropriate MD&A discussions.
- Coordinate closing activities with appropriate cutoffs, safeguards and reconciliations.
Accounting Functions and Financial Systems
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Create footnotes for financial reports.
- Coordinate all audit activity and prepare detailed audit schedules.
- Create and maintain finance manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adhere to recommended practices and procedures.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable and supervise staff who execute A/R and A/P transactions.
- Manage and develop staff to meet needs of a growing and complex multi-state, multi-practice origination
- Provide oversight on credit card reconciliation, and employee expense reports.
Budgets, Cash Flow Management and Controls
- Direct the annual budget process, ensuring accurate information flows into budget based on sales forecast and expense management.
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting.
- Develop documentation of procedures and recommendations for process improvements.
- Ensure accurate reporting of income and balance sheet monthly in accordance with GAAP.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related field. MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant highly preferred.
Experience: 10+ years progressive senior level financial planning and accounting experience.
- Experience in designing/developing/directing financial team within a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with building business forecasting tools that facilitate growth-based decision making
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with investors, partners, executives, and team members
- Experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic with a strong financial bottom line orientation, data analytics and providing meaningful information
- Creative and strong acumen to deal with ambiguity
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org