Website NJ Eye
The Corporate Controller is a member of senior management team reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is responsible for providing leadership and a hands-on role in monthly closing process, divisional financial reporting, oversight of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The incumbent will be charged with evaluating financial performance and establishing strategies to manage complexity and increase business agility.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization, currently affiliated with Associated Retina Consultants LLC (d/b/a “NJ Retina”), with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term financial practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Manage accounting for multiple transactions with an eye for long-term profit improvement.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Monitor progress, prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts and keep Executive management abreast of any changes.
- Manage local and state regulatory reporting requirements for tax matters.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations.
- Support the President, CFO and Directors of Operations in supporting growth objectives.
- Implement and maintain financial controls and authorizations.
- Evaluate people, processes and systems and continually strive to escalate to best practices
- Analyze job cost details to provide effective cost savings recommendations.
- Provide daily and monthly forecasting information, provide data for appropriate MD&A discussions.
- Coordinate closing activities with appropriate cutoffs, safeguards and reconciliations.
Accounting Functions and Financial Systems
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Create footnotes for financial reports.
- Coordinate all audit activity and prepare detailed audit schedules.
- Create and maintain finance manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adhere to recommended practices and procedures.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable and supervise staff who execute A/R and A/P transactions.
- Manage and develop staff to meet needs of a growing and complex multi-state, multi-practice origination
- Provide oversight on credit card reconciliation, and employee expense reports.
Budgets, Cash Flow Management and Controls
- Direct the annual budget process, ensuring accurate information flows into budget based on sales forecast and expense management.
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting.
- Develop documentation of procedures and recommendations for process improvements.
- Ensure accurate reporting of income and balance sheet monthly in accordance with GAAP.
Experience: 10+ years progressive senior level financial planning and accounting experience.
- Experience in designing/developing/directing financial team within a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with building business forecasting tools that facilitate growth-based decision making
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with investors, partners, executives, and team members
- Experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic with a strong financial bottom line orientation, data analytics and providing meaningful information
- Creative and strong acumen to deal with ambiguity
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org