NJRetina is the leading provider for retinal specialty services. Our vision has always been clear—provide technical expertise and insight necessary to achieve the best outcomes. The Database Developer’s role is to develop and maintain databases across the organization, while ensuring high levels of data availability. The Database Developer is responsible for feature design and development, maintenance, and production support of all corporate data management solutions. Desired business outcomes include stable, accurate, efficient data management to support leadership decision making. Reporting, modelling and data analytics is critical for success of the role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specific business initiatives
- Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting data management needs
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries
- Develop relational databases and secondary databases
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
- Monitors project deliverables, to ensure project and functional leaders receive accurate, timely updates as required
- Applies established data management best practices and recommends improvements.
- Produces essential reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc as necessary
- Responsible for special projects and other assignments as required
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field highly preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience and knowledge in relational database design and development using SQL Server including reporting, analysis is required.
- Fundamental understanding of standard data warehousing concepts and architecture
- Experience developing reports using different BI tools such as Crystal Reports, Tableau, Power BI, DOMO
- Proficient in databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity
- Experience working with large data sets, with the ability to interpret data and act quickly
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate data with adhoc reports in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org