NJ Retina is currently seeking an enthusiastic Accountant.
The Accountant reports to the Controller and will fulfill the project accounting and cost reporting requirements of multiple mid-sized projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Must possess excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Report to the Controller on the cost control as well as overall project costs as they relate to budgeted amounts and their impact on project profitability
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Review and process credit card expenses, including coding expenses and researching charges, T&E and Drug purchases.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Verify and reconcile vendor contracts
- Support back financing initiatives and reporting
- Prepare schedules and footnotes for yearend financial statement review with external accountants
- Support Business process reengineering and efficiencies
- Examine costs to ensure agreements match with contracts, policy, etc.
- Interface with corporate staff in dealing with billing issues and profit recognition.
- Making recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records
- Journal entries
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Assisting with financial and tax audits
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain internal controls
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Assist Controller in the month end closing and financial reporting including account analysis
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Special projects
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Database reporting
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) preferred
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com