Office Manager: Northern Care Center – Vauxhall Office
*To apply for this job, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Office Manager – Vauxhall Office
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Practice Administrator and Director of Operations.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Responsible for the performance of Front Desk, Clerical, Runner, Scribe, Booker, and Photographer.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Uses administrative skills in business and clinical management to responsibly coordinate the efficient running of the office.
- Evaluate and organize office operations and procedures to aide in the efficiency of the workflow.
- Assess staffing needs and schedule office personnel.
- Oversee staff time off; e.g. vacations, sick/personal time, etc.
- Train new employees as necessary.
- Monitor the accuracy of patient demographics and account data.
- Demonstrate comprehensive user knowledge of the computer.
- Conduct regular department and office staff meetings.
- Document work processes as required.
- Dispense and reconcile petty cash.
- Prepare annual employee evaluations.
- Adhere to federal/state/local regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, etc.)
- Interact professionally with staff, physicians, patients, and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years managerial experience in medical office.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures, including safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of RANJ/ARC office procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, and reimbursement policies.
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines, practices/procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure to answer correspondence and prepare reports.
- Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
- Skill in operating a variety of office equipment and computer programs.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, public effectively.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, and walking; hand dexterity for telephone, computer and equipment use; and normal vision and hearing.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Medical office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs change.